Teriyaki sauce a mixture of soy sauce, sake, ginger, and other flavorings, used in Japanese cooking as a marinade or glaze. In today’s modern world, you may not always have time to whip up a homemade teriyaki marinade, therefore, it is perfectly acceptable to purchase this sauce in a bottle already prepared. Look for all natural sauces like Annie Chun’s Gourmet Teriyaki at your local specialty épicerie (grocery).
How many times have you gone out to lunch and ordered some variation of this dish? Why eat out, when you can eat in? This also makes for a deliciously healthy dinner.Teriyaki Chicken Caesar Salad serves 2 for dinner, or 4 for lunch Ingredients: 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cleaned and trimmed 1 bottle of all natural Teriyaki marinade, such as Annie Chun’s 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 large head of organic Romaine lettuce, washed 4 anchovies in oil, diced 1 lemon, sectioned to 6 or 8 slices Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated & shaved, divided gourmet croutons Caesar Dressing, such as Girard’s Freshly cracked peppercorns Directions:
- Marinate cleaned chicken breast in Teriyaki at least 30 minutes in ziplock bag. Can be put in refrigerator overnight also. This allows the chicken to almost become candied throughout the meat.
- Pour the entire contents of bag, chicken and marinade, into skillet. Cook chicken thoroughly.
- Meanwhile cut up romaine lettuce to bit size pieces and place in large bowl. Add minced garlic and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to lettuce and mix throughout.
- Right before serving, mix Caesar dressing of your choice into the lettuce. Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice and toss once more.
- Plate the salads, add minced anchovies, shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, croutons, wedge of lemon and freshly cracked peppercorns.
- Place cooked chicken on cutting board and slice diagonally with chef’s knife. Place upon salad and serve.
As with the Teriyaki marinade, it is perfectly acceptable to buy a gourmet Caesar salad dressing, rather than the alternative to only ordering this dish at a restaurant. It makes a very delicious meal at home any day of the week. Being in the kitchen, is what sets you apart from the rest of the world. It is here that you are able to be creative and care for your family at the same time.