Tahitian Rose Marshmallows
Tahitian Rose Marshmallow Recipe:
You will need a candy thermometer, sifter, and a stand mixer with paddle attachment for this recipe. Heart shaped cookie cutter is optional.
1. Brush a 18″x12″x2″ pan with oil. Line with one piece of parchement, and carefully press into pan, slitting 4 corners in order to bend each side piece behind the next to form a good rectangle inside the pan.
2. Brush top of parchment paper with oil.
3. Put granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 3/4 cup water into medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, without stirring, until mixture registers 238°F on a candy thermometer. About 8 minutes.
4. Measure 3/4 cup cold water and put into the bowl of an electric mixer; sprinkle with gelatin and allow to soften at least 5 minutes.
5. Attach bowl with gelatin to mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. With mixer on low speed, beat hot syrup into gelatin mixture. Gradually raise speed to high; add pink gel using a toothpick to mixture, repeat until you get to a desired color. Beat until mixture is very stiff, about 12 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Pour into prepared dish, and smooth with an offset spatula. Set aside, uncovered, until firm, about 3 hours.
6. Sift 1 cup confectioners’ sugar onto a work surface. Unmold marshmallow onto confectioners’ sugar; remove parchment. Lightly brush metal cookie cutter with oil, and wiggle the cookie cutter to the bottom and press hard. Gently lift the cookie cutter and carefully pull marshmallow out of cutter. Conversely, you can also oil a knife and cut the marshmallows into squares. Sift remaining 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar into a small bowl, and roll each marshmallow in the sugar to coat. Marshmallows can be stored in an airtight container up to 21 days.
- Vegetable oil, for brushing
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (3 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cups light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons pure tahitian vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Pink gel food coloring, toothpick